Monday, December 1, 2008

Day Thirteen:
Last night, while sleeping under the deck with the dirty laundry and thanksgiving leftovers, I had a dream. 
Last night I had a dream. It was snowing (outside) and I was walking home. There were five blocks in between myself, the spot that I stood, and my apartment door, or the spot I was destined to reach. This was my plan: To reach that door, by walking. By walking over the now icy pavement, five blocks of very icy pavement, I was going to reach my door and go inside to my warm building. That was my plan.
And it worked out well: I walked the five blocks with ease. I stuck my key into the lock and it turned. It turned smoothly, as if the landlord had oiled it (there were probably past complaints); I opened the door. I could feel the heat on my nose and fingers and as I took off my hat I felt it on my ears and I enjoyed this moment... and then I fell.
When I woke from this dream I was soaking wet and my eyes burned. I couldn't see a thing...
Within minutes it became apparent that I was on the bottom of the ocean, and there was a huge hole in the side of my ship. 

No comments: